Employment – Bean and the Baker
Bean and the Baker is seeking a part time barista and café team member! Applications can be submitted through Coleman Professional Services.
Café Team Member
Minimum one year Customer Service Experience. High school Diploma or equivalent. Capable of standing for periods of four hours or more. Capable of lifting up to 30 pounds.
One year barista experience in a coffee shop. One year customer service experience in a coffee shop or café with knowledge of coffee recipes, coffee bean varieties, and roasting techniques.
Normal Working Schedule:
Normal Café hours are Monday through Friday 7:00am through 4:00pm and Saturday and Sunday 8:00am through 2:00pm. Opening shifts generally begin 30 minutes before the Café opens for customers. Closing shifts generally end 30 minutes after the Café has closed to customers.
Team member is needed for 11:00am through 2:00pm Monday-Friday and 9:00am through 1:00pm on Saturdays.
Job Duties in Order of Importance:
- Educate customers by presenting, and explaining all menu items.
- Prepare beverages and prepare food according to the Café’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain inventory levels.
- Keep equipment operational by following posted instructions and performing preventative maintenance.
- Generate revenue by attracting new customers with new and innovative products.
- Understand and maintain food safety standards.
- Prepare food according to the Café’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Welcome customers by determining their coffee or food interests and needs.
- Use the POS system effectively to process customer transactions quickly and accurately.
- Promptly respond to all customer questions.
- Maintain a customer service-oriented demeanor.
- Manage cash drawers and follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean environment in accordance with Café policy and applicable regulation.
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned.